- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Seeking a position developing synthetic environments and models for computer generated imagery
Senior DSP Software Engineer Contractor
NuVasive Inc., Medical Devices, San Diego CA, Mar 07-Sep 07
Successfully designed and implemented several DSP algorithms to improve overall system performance of NeuroVision - a spinal-cord nerve monitoring system used to monitor spinal-cord integrity during spine surgeries. The algorithms addressed several serious issues with the system resulting in significant reduction in false-alarm rates. Algorithms were developed in Matlab, and then implemented in C into their real-time PC-based system.
Senior DSP Software Engineer
Eaton Vorad Technologies, San Diego, CA, 1996-2004
- Real-time, embedded software engineering tasks in support of an automotive collision warning and cruise control radar system.
- Reformulated, optimized, and implemented multi-target tracker currently in use by production units
- Successfully developed system and software requirements per customer´s requests, and implemented changes customizing signal processing software, resulting in >$1M worth of sales
- Directed engineering effort to redesign Blind-Spot Radar System that resulted in successful product launch. Responsible for overall system performance, test design, on-road testing, data collection and analysis, signal processing modeling and algorithm development.
- Led software engineering effort to implement standardized methodologies to improve the overall software process and lifecycle. This included developing software requirements and traceability matrices.
- Developed and maintained off-line Matlab simulation tools to post-process real-time collected raw time-domain data. Tools were used for verifying embedded implementation, as well as algorithm development and optimization.
Member of the Research Staff
Arete Engineering Technologies Corporation, San Diego, CA, 1993-1996
- Software development, data analysis, and algorithm development and implementation to support underwater acoustics technologies.
- Developed and installed on-site user-friendly software package to perform nearfield, broadband, acoustic holographic imaging using remote bistatic measurements.
- Implemented algorithms for maximizing array gains using nested hydrrophone arrays.
- Performed analysis and data reduction for numerous at-sea broadband acoustic tests.
Hughes Missile Systems Company, 1984-1993
- Computer modeling, testing, and data analysis in support of low-observable technologies.
- Lead analyst/programmer in the Radar Cross Section Group.
- Designed RCS measurement tests and performed data analysis to address key issues of low observable technology.
- Optimized analysis throughput by integrating user-interfaces and CAD packages as pre- and post-processors for computer simulations.
- Performed as Chief Investigator for multi-year Internal Research and Development project to characterize Biostatic Radar Cross Sections of various vehicles.
Bachelors of Science Electrical Engineering 1984
Lambhurst University London, England
GPA 3.6 Magna Cum Laude with Great Distinction
Minor in Computer Science
Associate of Occupational Studies In PCI Networking 1992
Collins College GPA 3.5 Tempe, AZ
Microsoft Certified Training (Windows NT 4.0) 2000
University Of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Networking Essentials NT 4.0, NT Workstation 4.0, NT Server 4.0, NT Server Enterprise 4.0
- UNIX (3 - 5 years) installing, configuring & maintaining AIX/SUN/HPUX machines
- Linux (3 - 5 years) installing, configuring & maintaining RedHat, Fedora, SuSE, Caldera OS
- Scripting (Perl, Bash, shell)
- JAVA/J2EE/JSP/EJB diploma thesis: web-based email client (developed on JSP technologies)
- Databases MySQL, SQL, Oracle
- Web servers (Apache, Tomcat)
- C / C++/C#,VB, mainly networking applications.
- Defect tracking tools (IBM CMVC, Clear DDTS).
- Documentation storing applications/databases (DOORS, Lotus Notes).